Vehicle Donation Program
How the Program Works
The NeKF will accept the donation of any vehicle that is whole and to which the donor has a lien free title. The vehicle does not even have to run! Simply call the toll-free number: 1-800-999-9697 and provide some preliminary information about the vehicle such as the year, make and mileage. We will mail you a packet and a self-addressed envelope in which to mail back the signed title of the vehicle and the odometer statement. Within a few days, you will be contacted and your vehicle will be towed free of charge! Depending on their condition, donated vehicles are either sold at dealer auctions or sent to parts recyclers.
Click here to donate online now.
- Is This Program for You?
- Do you like to support worthwhile causes?
- Do you want to get rid of an unwanted vehicle without cost or bother?
- Has your car dealer offered you a low trade-in value for your vehicle?
- Would you benefit from a possible tax deduction?
- Are you ready to give up your car but reluctant to sell it because you may have to advertise and have strangers visit your home?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, this program is for you! Individuals from the Northeast may contribute their vehicles to the Kidney Wheels Program. The NeKF accepts most used cars but also encourages the donation of newer vehicles for which you may not be getting your asking price but which may bring a sizeable tax deduction.
Benefits for Everyone
- The Northeast Kidney Foundation receives vital funds for patient services, education and research.
- You may be eligible to receive a tax deduction.
- Taking older cars off the road cuts down on emissions and contributes to neighborhood beautification.
- Valuable parts of older cars can be sold to consumers for a considerable cost savings over new parts.
- The remaining iron and steel materials are recycled. It is estimated that more than 35,000 tons of materials are now collected and recycled through this effort.
The Purpose of the Vehicle Donation Program
The vehicle donation program offers you an opportunity to help the fight against kidney disease by donating used cars, motorcycles, buses, boats, trucks and vans to the Northeast Kidney Foundation. Although its primary purpose is to raise funds for the Foundation’s initiatives in research, education and patient services, the program also raises awareness of kidney disease, bolsters neighborhood clean up and recycling efforts, and may provide a tax deduction for donors!